The Pig Pledge
It’s time to change shopping habits and pledge to buy only high welfare pork from real farms, not animal factories!
The Pig Pledge campaign asks you to join the growing numbers of people who only buy high welfare pork from real farms not animal factories (or go meat-free), to free pigs from being reared in cruelly confined conditions that results in a myriad of human and environmental health problems. The campaign also seeks to clarify confusion over the pricing and labelling of pork products.
Watch the video
Recent case studies
How to fulfil your pledge in 3 simple steps
Where can I find high welfare?
Use our new global map and directory to help you find high welfare pork from farms, shops & restaurants that you can trust. It’s also easy to add new producers, suppliers and retailers to this directory and become part of the campaign to change the way we eat.
Make a difference for people, pigs and the planet
Read some of the many comments we’ve received about the #PigPledge
Meet ‘Pink Pig’, the Pig Pledge mascot
Pink Pig, the Pig Pledge mascot oversees a football game with a corrupt referee, which highlights the skewed policies that penalise small farmers while giving generous handouts to agribusinesses that kill wildlife with pesticides and destroy rural communities with land grabs »
Connect with us and join the conversation!
- An Open Letter to Vegetarians and Vegans October 24, 2014
- Hurrah! The Pig Pledge has officially launched… on social media! (^(oo)^) October 21, 2014
- Review of Ted Genoways' 'The Chain – Farm Factory and the Fate of our Food' October 21, 2014
- The Butchery writes about the Pig Pledge! October 20, 2014
- Large multinational corporations have the financial power to out… October 17, 2014
- Today is the final day of our launch and we’re looking at… October 17, 2014